In compliance with the guidelines set forth by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Weigh2Rock.com® is committed to protecting the privacy of each child or teen who registers with us. Here is an explanation of our Collection process.
1. Obtaining Parental Consent:
Under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, which went into effect on
April, 21, 2000, Weigh2Rock.com requires parental consent in order to keep in our
records any registered user information from a child 12 or under. When a child 12 or under registers with us, we ask for a parent's
e-mail address, and we then write to that e-mail address requesting parental
consent. A parent has 21 days to respond with consent. Parents can give consent or ask that their child’s
registration information be deleted. If we do not hear back within 21 days, that child’s
registration information is deleted from our system. Parents are invited to
request deletion of their child’s personal information at any time and refuse to
permit further collection. All they have to do is visit our care area
from the same browser and machine on which their child registered. There they
can review their child’s information and, if they choose to delete that
information, simply request the deletion via the automatic email hotlink. For more
information about our mission, please visit our special section for parents and
At the same time, we ask parents to closely monitor the Internet activities of their children and become educated on the various Internet tools available to help ensure that their child has a helpful on-line experience.
2. Information We Collect Via Registration. Weigh2Rock.com uses its best efforts to respect the privacy of on-line children and teens. All registration information is collected directly on a voluntary basis and also passively, through Cookies (see below). Users of Weigh2Rock Weight Charts are asked to provide a first and last name, birthdate, and their email address, so that only they can can view and change their weight record or password. This also allows their care providers to follow their progress, if the child and parent desire such. Children are invited to create a fictitious name and date of birth if they wish, but they need to supply this identical name, birthdate, and email address to their care provider if they would like their care provider to follow their weight progress. The child's name, and birthdate are used only for identification of their chart and their email address is used only for sending their chosen chart password, should they forget their password. In the Weigh2Rock Clubhouse Areas we request an email address in order for the website software to automatically send the clubhouse password to the child. A password is used for the clubhouses in order to protect them from hackers.
3. Privacy. Weigh2Rock.com uses information from registered children and teens only for identification of their weight chart records. Under no circumstances do we reveal this information to any outside third party or give the email addresses to a third party. We maintain strict confidentiality of user names and medical data in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
5. Changing Registration Information.
Registered users are welcome to request deletion of their registration
information at any time. Simply write to
6. Using "Cookie" Technology. "Cookies" are little bits of information that a web page stores on your computer to help you. The Weigh2Rock chat room stores your name and your name color as a cookie on your computer, so you won't have to keep typing them. Weigh2Rock Weight Charts stores your name and birthdate as cookies, also so you won't have to type them again. Cookies are normally accepted unless someone has changed this on your computer. In all of the above practices, it is the intention of Weigh2Rock.com to operate in full compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and regulations promulgated by the Federal Trade Commission.
Please send comments to:
Weigh2Rock.com® Site for Overweight Kids and Teens
Copyright © 2000-2007 eHealth International, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved